Sunday, October 31, 2010

Below Zero

Well we hit the negative temperatures today on Halloween. When I took the dogs out this morning at 10:00, it was -5. Made my nose hairs freeze instantly. LOL It was a bit of a shock because it was in the 20's yesterday. I guess we'd better get used to it since it's only going to get colder.


Here are some pictures of our snow covered backyard. Most of the trees you see are on the lot behind the property that our house sits on. We just bought that lot a few weeks ago. We have almost 2.5 acres between the two pieces of land. Now we know our view will remain as beautiful.



This is the front of our house. Looks different from when we first moved in. We won't be seeing the grass for quite some time.

I love having a heated garage to park in. My truck is nice and warm when I leave for work and I don't have to brush snow off or scrape windows. SCORE!!!!








This is our front driveway looking out toward the street.










We have moose that pass through our yard but the only thing we've seen so far is their prints. I am hopeful that I will see one soon.












This is my snow boot in comparison to a moose track. And yes, that is my flannel pj bottoms that you see. LOL
















Here is the trail the moose have been making along our treeline in the back yard. I told Deven I want to put some treats out for them and see if I can get a picture of one that way. The dogs know something is out there in the woods. Some mornings or nights when we go out their hackles go up and they head off toward the trees in search of what they sense. Wonder what they'd do if they actually saw one of those huge creatures? Probably tuck tail and run back to the garage. Our dogs are such wimps. But we love them.





We had to get the dogs some snow booties. Caddis got his first because he was gimping around out in the snow first. He didn't like how the snow packed in between his pads. He loves them. Runs and bounces all over the place. Here is Maggie trying them on. Makes it look like they have duck feet. It cracks me up to watch. They don't really fuss at them. I was surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment